Tuesday, April 22, 2008

WordWeb - Terms and Conditions!

I had downloaded WordWeb a month back and had found it quite useful and I now have it on all the computers I use.
Last night when i tried to use it, I saw a message warning me that to continue the usage i will have to answer a question.
How many times have you used a flight in the last 12 months?
I happened to choose more than twice and it in fact, stopped me from using the free version and prompted me to update to the Pro version.

Their justification:

"WordWeb free version may be used indefinitely only by people who take at most two commercial flights (not more than one return flight) in any 12 month period. People who fly more than this need to purchase the Pro version if they wish to continue use it after a 30-day trial period."

Read More

Weird and Funny at the same time. I had never come across such a licensing term before. I am still coming to "Terms" with it :)!!!